Some Heart of Texas OA groups have registered their online meetings with WSO. Go to Find A Meeting and see if the meeting you are interested in has an online presence.
Please send updates about your meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org
Heart of Texas OA Intergroup Online Meetings
Useful notes about creating Zoom meetings
Join before host allows attendees to join the meeting before the host joins or when the host cannot attend the meeting.
Some helpful videos on how to use Zoom
Scheduling a Meeting (if you want to create any as well)
Joining a virtual meeting with
Blackboard conferencing is web browser based. Recommended procedure is to click on the meeting link above.
Note: When you enter a Blackboard conference, both your camera and microphone will be off. It is necessary to enable each of them (look at bottom of screen for controls).
Online meeting etiquette
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking.
- Use the “hands up” feature of the conferencing software – that’s what it’s there for.
- Minimize background noises (radio, music, etc – though children and pets are sometimes not so easy to manage, but do your best).
Useful documents for online / telephone meetings
- WSO Meeting Transition Guidance
- Suggested Telephone Meeting Format (Contains 7th Tradition procedures)
- OA Preamble
- Our Invitation to You
- Responsibility Pledge
- OA Promise
*This information is not an endorsement of any particular conferencing service(s) – it is provided to allow members of the OA Fellowship to use these tools.